Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Spiders will send biggers ones to get you and carrot cake

Last week, I got really brave in my kitchen. I killed a big scary hairy spider. 

I really, really, really dislike spiders. They are yucky.

First, I sprayed him down with bathroom cleaner, but it soon became clear that was not the fast way to kill the hairy thing.  So I summoned up my courage and quickly squished him with a paper towel.

However, since then, I've come under attack by several bigger, hairier spiders. They've been in my pool, my car, my husband's car (which had the biggest one -- I'm sure that one splurted when he squished it), and even my shower. The good news is that I'm getting better and more courageous at killing the beast. The bad news is that since I've discovered that I can kill them, more are coming at me. Suicide missions?

Totally unrelated, but worth mentioning is carrot cake. I went to Zest for lunch on Sunday. Good food, good company. I had a slice of carrot cake and it was amazing. Here's a pic of the remainder of it in my to go box. Anyway, definitely order it if you're at Zest!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for not posting a pic of a spider. It'd make me inclined to never visit your blog again, which would be sad, b/c I like it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my spider killing hero! I'm going to put you on speed dial in my phone and call you when I encounter one those beastly things!

    ReplyDelete