Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My favorite makeup things

I like makeup. I've always liked makeup. I liked it so much, I worked for Aveda doing makeup. I have learned some great tips along the way -- especially since being in revival (trust me, after a couple services I had to find makeup that would stay, not rub off and not give me raccoon eyes).

So, here are my top favs:

1. Brushes: You've gotta have good brushes. These go with me everywhere.
  • Prescriptives, Aveda conture brush, sephora small brush and a big powder brush.



2. Eye makeup
  • L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof mascara. Mascara always runs on my eye lashes. I've searched for years to find one that gives me length, isn't clumpy and doesn't run. This is the best! And it's only $5.
  • Paula Dorf baby eyes. This brightens up the eye. It's awesome.
  • Avon waterproof kohl liner. It keeps going and going and going. Getting it off is the hard part!

3.  For the face
  • I'm into Graphtobian lately. It's formulated for HD, so it looks good on camera without making you look overdone. And it's really reasonably priced.
  • The color wheel -- tone down any imperfections by counter balancing. This is awesome.
  • The cream makeup is wonderful. Great coverage and it feels light. I like the palettes because you can mix a few colors together for a more natural look.
  • The powder is a wonderful finishing touch. 

4. Cheeks and lips

  • Paula Dorf's Cha Cha is such a great cream cheek color. I couldn't find Paula Dorf for a while, until a friend said, "Look on her Web site." Duh! So now I'm using cha cha and her lip stick color Victorian. Great products.
  • Lip gloss. I really really really like lip gloss. I like the smooth feeling on my lips. Three favorites great ones are this green minty yumminess, Cover Girl's lip slicks and any Victoria's Secret. They don't get clumpy, they don't make your hair stick to them and they don't turn white in the corners of your mouth.

5. Moisturizer

  • I've used it for years. Even if I try another moisturizer, I come back to Neutrogena's. 
Those are my top five! What are yours?

4 comments:

  1. Nice picks!! I LOVE the lip gloss!! I haven't used that one in awhile but it tastes magnificent!!

    ♥♥ E. Shaina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about night cream? Don't you have an evening regimen for getting all that stuff off?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cha Cha and Victorian! They're the best. So is buxom lips by Bare Essentials. You HAVE to get some!

    ReplyDelete